2. What Personal Information Do We Collect?
A. The Foundation may collect Personal Information directly from you. This may happen in several ways:
• Pursue or Receive a Grant or Donation. You may provide us with Personal Information when you explore, pursue or receive a grant, scholarship, or donation. Such information may include, but is not limited to, your name, title, organization, postal address, phone number, mobile number, email address, and tax ID number.
• Sign Up for Communications. You may provide us with Personal Information when you sign up for communications from the Foundation. Such information may include, but is not limited to, your name, company or organization affiliation, postal address, email address, and phone number.
• Download Resources. You may provide us with Personal Information when you request to receive or download publications or other resources. Such information may include, but is not limited to, your name, company or organization affiliation, postal address, email address, and phone number.
• Sign Up for Events. You may provide us with Personal Information when you sign up for our events, such as workshops, conferences, and webinars, either through the Website, through our service providers, or offline. Such information may include your name, company or organization affiliation, postal address, email address, and phone number.
• Contact Us. You may provide us with Personal Information when you contact us directly with your inquiries or comments.
• Apply for a Job. You may provide us with Personal Information when you apply for employment with us.
B. Information Collected from Third Parties. The Foundation may also collect information from certain third parties, such as Guidestar. Such information may contain information regarding your organization (e.g., its mission) and limited Personal Information (e.g., name of your organization’s executive director).
C. Information Automatically Collected by the Foundation If you visit the Website, the Foundation may automatically collect certain information from your device, such as the following:
• Your device type;
• Your IP address;
• Your usage and activity on the Website (such as the pages you visit);
• Geographic and demographic data; and
• The amount of time you spend on the Website.
This information may be collected automatically using cookies or log files. This automatic data is used for the administration of the Website, for statistical analysis, to monitor the use or performance of the Website, and to ensure that the content on the Website is presented in the most effective manner for our visitors and users.
3. How Do We Use Personal Information? We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
• to administer and provide the Website;
• to develop, issue and administer the Foundation grants, scholarships and donations.
• to contact you in response to your inquiries, comments and suggestions;
• to provide other the Foundation communications;
• to provide access to the Foundation publications or other resources;
• to organize and manage our events;
• to administer and inform our grant, scholarship, and strategies and charitable activities;
• to manage our operations, including performing accounting, auditing, and other internal functions;
• to fulfill the purpose for which you provided the information;
• to comply with applicable laws and regulatory requirements, or as requested by government or regulatory authorities;
• in connection with pending litigation;
• to detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecute those responsible for that activity;
• to protect and defend the rights or property of the Foundation;
• to improve the Website and the Foundation’s related processes, and to help the Foundation understand how users are using the Website and interacting with the Foundation;
• in connection with a merger, divestiture, acquisition, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us is among the assets transferred; and
• for tracking and analytics purposes described in the “Third Party Analytics Providers” section below.
4. How Do We Share Personal Information? We may share your Personal Information with the following third parties:
• with our service providers that host the Website;
• with our other vendors, consultants and service providers that provide services on our behalf, such as evaluators, technology platform providers and data hosting providers; and
• with third parties in connection with the uses described in Section 3 above, such as with government or regulatory authorities in order to comply with laws.
In addition, in connection with grants, scholarships, and donations that we award, we may share your organization’s information generally on our Website, such as in a profile regarding your organization and its mission, in our annual report, and in other publications.
5. Review and Correction of Personal Information. You may review, correct, and update certain Personal Information by contacting us through the “Contact Us” section below.
6. Safeguarding Your Information. The Foundation cares about the security of your Personal Information. However, the Internet is a global communications vehicle open to threats, viruses, and intrusions from others. For this reason, the Foundation cannot promise, and you should not expect, that we will be able to protect your Personal Information at all times and in all circumstances. the Foundation cannot guarantee the security and privacy of transmissions via the Internet, and we will not be liable for any lack of security relating to the Website or any other communication over the Internet. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the Foundation shall not be liable for any damages resulting from any loss of privacy or security occurring in connection with any such communications.
7. Under 18. We do not seek to collect, nor do we knowingly collect, information from individuals under the age of 18. If a child has provided us with Personal Information, a parent or guardian of that child may contact us to have the information deleted from our records. To do so, contact the Foundation through the information provided below in the “Contact Us” section.
8. For California Residents. Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), the Foundation is providing the following details regarding the categories of Personal Information that we collect, use and disclose about California residents and California residents’ rights. We collect, and have collected within the preceding 12 months, the following categories of Personal Information, as listed in the CCPA:
• Category A. Identifiers, such as name, contact information, IP address, and other online identifiers;
• Category B. Personal information, as defined in the California customer records law, such as name, contact information, medical information, insurance information, education information, employment information, and government-issued ID numbers;
• Category C. Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as age, sex, disability status, primary language, race, citizenship, and marital status, to the extent required or permitted by applicable law;
• Category D. Commercial information, such as transaction information and purchase history;
• Category E. Internet or network activity information, such as browsing history and interactions with the Website;
• Category F. Audio, electronic, visual, and similar information, such as photographs or audio and video recordings created in connection with our business activities;
• Category G. Professional or employment-related information, such as work history and prior employer, information relating to references, details of qualifications, skills and experience, human resources data, and data necessary for benefits and related administration services; and
• Category H. Inferences drawn from any of the Personal Information listed above to create a profile about, for example, an individual’s preferences and abilities.
If you are a California resident, you may request that we:
• Disclose to you the following information covering the 12 months preceding your request:
• Delete Personal Information we collected from you.
• Stop the sale of your personal information. Note that the Foundation does not sell your information, so this right will not be relevant.
• To make a request for the disclosures, deletion, or other rights described above, please contact as set forth in Section 9. In most cases, the Foundation will verify your request by: (1) confirming that you control the email address associated with your Personal Information; and (2) confirming that your description of your interactions with the Foundation matches our records. If necessary, we may require additional information to verify your request. If you are making a request on someone else’s behalf, you must also submit signed proof of authorization and, if necessary, we may ask for additional information. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
You have the right to be free from unlawful discrimination for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
By E-mail: email@example.com
Last Updated: February 13, 2023